2014-2017 Multi-Disciplinary MA in Printmaking, (Distinction, with Clifford Moss Prize)
University of West of England
2007-2008 City and Guilds. PTTLS adult teaching qualification.
2000-2011 Bookbinding residential training, Urchfont Manor, Devizes with Maureen Duke.
2001-2002 London College of Printing. HND, Design (Bookbinding).
1997-1999 Bristol University. MA, Medieval Studies.
1984-1987 Goldsmiths College, London. BA Hons, Fine Art.
Selected Exhibitions and Events.
- Athens Print Fest 18, 1st-28th October 2018. Print on the theme of Interruptions; Pomegranate, 2017.
- Affiliated with the project Creativity & Curiosity; Conversations between Astronomers and Artists. Research to be undertaken at the Royal Astronomical Society Library 2018.
- RAS Fun Palaces open day, October 6th, 2018. Public talks with Creativity and Curiosity project with my books.
- Newark Houses Museum, Leicester. March/April 2019. Exhibiting with Creativity and Curiosity in British Science Week.
- Turn The Page, May 2019. Invited to exhibit as joint winner of 2018 Graduate Prize.
- My Dear Frankenstein, 2018. Frankenstein 2018 Book Art Exhibition, Liverpool Central Library and Kirkby Gallery, Knowsley, with Liverpool Book Art, May-September, 2018.
- The Blue Notebook, Spring-Summer, 2018. Contributed an artist's page at Editor's request.
- Turn The Page, Norwich, with Linda Parr and invited artists. May 25-26th 2018 Joint Graduate Prize Winner 2018
- World Book Night with the United Book Artists. April 2018. The text responded to in 2018 is 'Watching God' in the collection of short stories Three Moments of an Explosion by China Miéville. Exhibition at UWE Library. Work in Tate Britain.
- Redesigning the Medieval Book, exhibition and presentation, UWE Library, Bower Ashton, Bristol, April-June 2018
- Redesigning the Medieval Book, Weston Library, Bodleian, Oxford until March 11th 2018. Competition exhibition.
- Library Late at the Weston Library, Bodleian. February 23rd 2018. Talking about the work Love and Toothache, 2017.
- Bookmarket at The Fruitmarket Gallery, Edinburgh. With ABC at UWE, Sat 17th & Sun 18th February 2018.
- Artbook Berlin, Kunstraum, Bethanien. 17th-19th November
- Shortlisted for Redesigning the Medieval Book, Bodleian Library, Oxford. October
- CAB Cardiff Artists' Books, at the Printhaus, Cardiff, September
- Commissioned by academics at Bristol University,to make a book to celebrate both libraries and the physicality of the book Confined to the Library, presented to the Vice Chancellor of Bristol University. July.
- Liverpool Artist's Book Fair- July 8th-July 9th
- MA exhibition at UWE, Awarded Distinction with Clifford Moss prize for technical contribution. Bower Ashton Campus, Bristol. Saturday 3rd -Thursday 8th June.
- Never Apologise Never Explain- Exhibition in vitrine UWE library
- BABE 2017 at Arnolfini, programmed talk on my practice, April 2nd.
- World Book Night - Book Ish Ness - Loch Ness Monster meets books. Book launched at BABE 2017
- Exhibition with ABC in Tom Trusky Cases in UWE Library
- Sketchlook book Winter for David in Rochester Library, New York until end of June 2016. Sketchlook is a sketchbook/ book arts exhibiting project initiated in the USA at Stephen F. Austin State University.
- World Book Night project in Halifax. Inspired by Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale 40 artists and 16 stampers produced a box of stamped cards in one day. Tate Britain will be adding the finished work, Serena Joy, to its collection.
- 'Turn the page 2016', Artists’ Book Fair, Norwich, June.
- Screen Print Residency at Studio Giuggiolo, Siena, July.
- 'Beyond the Page' Allsop Gallery, Bridport. Exhibition using the book as a starting point, showing sketchlook book Winter for David. September- October.
- Exhibited with Bath Artist Printmakers, BRSLI, Bath, invited to give talk on my work in the context of Artists' books, October.
- Images of Uccello's Beautiful Battle have been published in Water Based Screen Printing and Safe Ceramic Decals Dave Fortune, October.
- Uccello's Formula II and Uccello's Woman bought by Reed Contemporary Books, October.
- Mini Print Exhibition at Arnolfini, Bristol, November.
- BABE Arnolfini, Bristol.
- Co-coordinator of the Artists Book Club at UWE
- Began MA in Multi-Disciplinary Printmaking, University of the West of England (UWE).
- Winter for David Sketchlook project, UK and USA.
- Society of Bookbinders Conference. Demonstration - use of gold leaf in contemporary work.
- Cirencester Museum. Exhibition with Bath Artist Printmakers.
- RWA, Bristol with Bath Artist Printmakers.
- Society of Bookbinders Conference, exhibition.
Books in private national and international collections, Europe and USA, with Reed Contemporary Books and in the CFPR, Bristol, also UWE library and, with the United Book Artists, in Tate Britain.
The Blue Notebook, Spring-Summer 2018, Artist's Page.
The Artist's Book Yearbook, 2018-19.
Water Based Screen Printing and Safe Ceramic Decals, 2017. Dave Fortune
a-n, July 2017, Liverpool Artists’ Book Fair – linking histories with Italy, Sarah Bodman.
a-n, June 2018, Artists' Books 31: marking 200 years of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, Sarah Bodman.
The Artist's Book Yearbook, 2016-17.