2014-2017 Multi-Disciplinary MA in Printmaking, (Distinction, with Clifford Moss Prize)
University of West of England
2007-2008 City and Guilds. PTTLS adult teaching qualification.
2000-2011 Bookbinding residential training, Urchfont Manor, Devizes with Maureen Duke.
2001-2002 London College of Printing. HND, Design (Bookbinding).
1997-1999 Bristol University. MA, Medieval Studies.
1984-1987 Goldsmiths College, London. BA Hons, Fine Art.
Selected Exhibitions and Events.
- AD44 Gallery, Bath. Edition 5 Printmakers Open. Exhibiting Behind, beneath, 2017, from print collection Perspectives. May 15th-19th
- BABE Bristol Artists Book Event, Arnolfini. March 30th-31st Gallery 2.
- 'Moons' 30 March-2 June, 2019. Exhibition, Newark Houses, Museum & Gardens, Leicester.
Touring exhibition of artwork with international art/science project Creativity and Curiosity.
Exhibiting books and prints inspired by my research at the Royal Astronomical Library
- Invited to collaborate with Creativity & Curiosity; Conversations between Astronomers and Artists. Research begun at the Royal Astronomical Society Library, London.
- Arts Council Lottery Grant awarded for Book Arts in collaboration with Creativity and Curiosity and the Royal Astronomical Society Library, London.
- RAS Fun Palaces open day, October 6th, 2018. Public talks with Creativity and Curiosity project with my books.
- Love and Toothache, 2017, a first aid kit in text and images for the Wife of Bath in Redesigning the Medieval Book, Weston Library, Bodleian Library, Oxford. December 2017- March 2018. Artists' book competition to exhibit in Redesigning the Medieval Book. An exhibition of contemporary work in response to Designing English: Early Literature on the Page, a major exhibition at the Bodleian's Weston Library.
- Library Late at the Weston Library, Bodleian Library, Oxford. February 23rd, 2018. Invited to talk about the work Love and Toothache, 2017 and present other work.
- Redesigning the Medieval Book, exhibition and presentation, UWE Library, Bower Ashton, Bristol, April-June 2018
- My Dear Frankenstein, 2018. Frankenstein, book art exhibition, Liverpool Central Library and Kirkby Gallery, Knowsley, with Liverpool Book Art. May-September, 2018.
- The Blue Notebook, Spring-Summer, 2018. Artist's page contributed at Editor's request.
- Turn The Page, Norwich, May. Book fair with Linda Parr and invited artists. Joint Graduate Prize Winner 2018
- Found on the Isthmus, World Book Night, 2018. With United Book Artists, this book is a collection of fifty responses by international artists to the short story 'Watching God' by China Miéville. The work will join Tate Britain's artists book collection.
- Bookmarket, The Fruitmarket Gallery, Edinburgh. With ABC at UWE, Sat 17th & Sun 18th February 2018.
- Commissioned by academics at Bristol University, to make a book to celebrate both libraries and the physicality of the book Confined to the Library, presented to the Vice Chancellor of Bristol University. July.
- MA exhibition at UWE, Awarded Distinction with Clifford Moss Prize for technical contribution. Bower Ashton Campus, Bristol, June.
- The Painter's Daughter, 2017 bought for the Bower Ashton library at UWE with a further copy bought for the Centre for Fine Print Research at Bristol.
- Artbook Berlin, Kunstraum, Bethanien. 17th-19th November
- CAB Cardiff Artists' Books, at the Printhaus, Cardiff, September
- Liverpool Artist's Book Fair- invited to exhibit, Liverpool Central Library, July.
- Never Apologise Never Explain- group exhibition in vitrines, UWE library.
- BABE, at Arnolfini, with programmed talk on my practice, April.
- World Book Night - Book Ish Ness - Loch Ness Monster meets books. Book launched at BABE 2017, in collection Tate Britain.
- Screen Print Residency, Studio Giuggiolo, Siena, July.
- Exhibition with ABC, Tom Trusky Cases, UWE Library.
- Sketchlook book, Winter for David, in Rochester Library, New York until end of June 2016. Sketchlook is a sketchbook/ book arts exhibiting project initiated in the USA at Stephen F. Austin State University.
- World Book Night, project in Halifax. Inspired by Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale 40 artists and 16 stampers produced a box of stamped cards in one day. The finished work, Serena Joy, in collection Tate Britain.
- 'Turn the page 2016', Artists’ Book Fair, Norwich, June.
- 'Beyond the Page' Allsop Gallery, Bridport. Exhibition using the book as a starting point, showing sketchlook book Winter for David. September- October.
- Exhibited with Bath Artist Printmakers, BRSLI, Bath, invited to give talk on my work in the context of Artists' books, October.
- Images of Uccello inspired book Beautiful Battle published in Water Based Screen Printing and Safe Ceramic Decals, Dave Fortune. October.
- Uccello's Formula II and Uccello's Woman bought by Reed Contemporary Books, October.
- Mini Print Exhibition at Arnolfini, Bristol, November.
- BABE Arnolfini, Bristol.
- Co-coordinator of the Artists Book Club at UWE
- Began MA in Multi-Disciplinary Printmaking, University of the West of England (UWE).
- Winter for David, Sketchlook project. Touring exhibition, UK and USA.
- Society of Bookbinders Conference. Demonstration - use of gold leaf in contemporary work.
- Cirencester Museum. Exhibition with Bath Artist Printmakers.
- RWA, Bristol Exhibition with Bath Artist Printmakers.
- Society of Bookbinders Conference, exhibition.
Books in private national and international collections, Europe and USA. Also with Reed Contemporary Books and in Winchester College of Art Artists' Book Collection, The Centre for Fine Print Research, Bristol, The University of the West of England Library and, with the United Book Artists, in Tate Britain.
The Blue Notebook, Spring-Summer 2018, Artist's Page.
The Artist's Book Yearbook, 2018-19.
Water Based Screen Printing and Safe Ceramic Decals, 2017. Dave Fortune
a-n, July 2017, Liverpool Artists’ Book Fair – linking histories with Italy, Sarah Bodman.
a-n, June 2018, Artists' Books 31: marking 200 years of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, Sarah Bodman.
The Artist's Book Yearbook, 2016-17.